What’s TGIM mean again?
THANK GOD IT’S MONDAY!
It’s a MINDSET. It’s what we GET TO DO, not HAVE TO DO. You could be dying, next to someone in critical condition, or hundreds of other things that would leave you unemployed. BE THANKFUL. FOR EVERYTHING.
THE BEST LEADERS….
the best ones.
DON’T CREATE FOLLOWERS.
THEY CREATE MORE LEADERS.
One of the best leaders in human history. Only lived til the age of 33. Rarely yelled, but led by example, words with stories, always with stories and parables, and then empowered others to lead the way. He was a servant leader. Jesus Christ was his name.
Why do we wear blue?
It’s a sign of professionalism, caring, teamwork, a symbol of our dedication to what we do and to each other. At Little Chute that hasn’t caught fire yet. The wearing of the blues. A source of PRIDE and TEAMWORK. I encourage those to hold themselves and others accountable to wear the blue!
Our best teammates if SHIT IS WRONG IN THE PROCESS. STOP. GO BACK TO THAT TEAMMATE AND REFUSE TO MAKE A PROBLEM WORSE BY ENABLING A WRONG DOER.
SO STOP THIS WEEK. AND SAY…WHAT THE HELL… this is gonna be a train wreck later on.
5 type of people
- LAZY. Enough said. I don’t think we have LAZY people here. If we do FIRE THEM. I have no time for them.
2. BLAME OTHERS. Not my fault. This team bothers me. Joel bothers me. I wasn’t trained properly. I got nothing out of that huddle. There is it… I got nothing out of that huddle. WHAT DID YOU PUT IN? THAT IS THE QUESTION.
3. BLAME THEMSELVES. I don’t have the right skills. I just can’t get up early enough. I’m not a born salesman. I’m just not organized. I like paper on the floor.
4. TALK ABOUT IT. “I’m on it.” “I’m gonna lose 10 lbs.” “I’m gonna start prospecting.” “Enough, I will make sure these deliveries are perfect.” “I will speak up at the next huddle.” “I am ALWAYS here to help. ” This I think is a lot of people. Good intentions. Good thoughts. Bad results. Very few people “want” to do the wrong thing… yet … at times.. .
5. THE DOERS. THE 1%. They just DO. They go 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and go. Don’t overthink it. Don’t use excuses. Don’t say, LET ME TELL YOU KIND SIR WHY THIS WON’T WORK… THEY SIMPLY DO! that’s drexel. that’s us. BE A DOER. The doers will always change the world!
An expanded update:
lumber is 60% cheaper than last year!!!? Weird… contractors don’t seem to be talking about that, but boy when the marke it high do we hear it! We need to be smart. Prospect. Help each other. Go time. The market is showing signs of slowing down…. if it does be ready, if it doesn’t be ready. GET IT?
We as humans all need people to hold us in check. We are interviewing some fantastic candidates for the Little Chute Truss job. Leaders, people with GRIT… I can’t WAIT for them to come aboard. That will free up the downtown team to help others out more as well.
Marsh Cabinets, I just love it. Things are going well. This was HUGE WIN for our company.
Paperless. Why fight it? TRUST IT. why make a needless copy of something you have on file. What a time suck.
A rare disease is not rare if you have it. Campbellsport ran a 94% OTIF INCREDIBLY UNHEARD OF! However 45 deliveries were a complete SHIT SHOW. OUCH!
PERFECT TICKETS! LET’S FOCUS.
ELIMINATE PAIN POINTS.
FOCUS THIS WEEK. GET SHIT DONE. HELP EACH OTHER.