Erin Skorupa recently changed seats on the bus from the Campbellsport Location to Downtown.
You might wonder, what the hell do they do at downtown? Make my life harder? Come up with silly titles? Drink Coffee and count money?
They play not only a vital role, a critical role. They are the OIL that runs the engine.
Here’s Erin perspective from making the move:
Hi Joel – As you know, I have made the elusive move to “Downtown”, and am LOVING it. I originally hung out at CBS way down on West Main Street. I still LOVE my peeps there and miss seeing them daily, but try to stay in touch.
What I learned moving DOWNTOWN:
– Monday is a CRAZY DAY – we do not coast into the week, we start it out BIG! Meetings, cleaning, discussions, training… then more until 5:00 p.m. or later.
– The folks that have their computers docked Downtown work their tail off. And they actually KNOW things and like to HELP people. They know every name & face of Team Drexel.
– There are so many cellphone calls – they each have a separate ring tone (have you heard Todd’s?!?).
– Frequently, I am alone, wildly typing at my computer, while the Downtowners scatter to all Drexel locations, to talk Drexel. They help fill coverage gaps, train, and work on all-the-weird-$%#! that fills our days.
– The Downtown crew really has your back!!! Call them for ANYTHING!!! It’s what they do.
– And, except for the meat-eaters, they ALL LOVE Big Chewy Nerds! 🙂
Lots for me to learn! Thank you for this opportunity!
You know the old song… DOWNTOWN…sing it with me…
When you’re alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go
When you’ve got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know